Note: Concepts contained in this whitepaper are subject to change.
While there will be many ways to engage in this game, such as collecting, renting, ranked matches, leagues, and tournaments, the core game will follow the model below.
- Users will enter the tournament series or ranked play with teams consisting of a coach and up to 30 players.
- Teams consist of exactly 11 starters, up to 9 substitutes who can substitute players on the pitch during the match, and up to 10 reserve players that can be swapped in between the matches.
- Managers will compete to get their club promoted through the ranks to the Championship Cup while avoiding relegation to lower leagues.
- Player cards will come in different foils with special attributes that can provide buffs during gameplay when matched with other cards with similar attributes.
- Coach cards, in addition to the player cards, each team also needs a coach. Coach cards will specialize in various multiple in-game boosts. Coaches also have formations that will unlock as they are leveled up. Coach cards come in the same foils as the player cards.
- Player cards offer the user the ability to upgrade via nested NFTs. Unique passive and active skill cards can be slotted into the player cards. This upgrade path ensures exponential variety and the power to create unique cards that enhance their value in the marketplace.
- During each turn, the user will receive a hand of up to five players and they can choose how the players closest to the ball will behave. After a user completes their action, play will commence. Players will work to outwit their opponent as they try to defend, attack, and score the winning goal against the other side.
After each match, players will tend to their players, refresh their active team roster, buy card packs, and upgrade their player cards by combining and improving them with new skills and equipment.