Note: Concepts contained in this whitepaper are subject to change.
Coach cards are strategy-based cards that will give a benefit to teams, such as attacking, defending, or possessing the ball, depending on the type of formation and play style that the coach card has unlocked. Players have the ability to line their players up in various formations (formation will not be available at game launch). As a Coach card is leveled up, it will unlock new types of formations and play styles that are tailored toward different play styles. Coaches will also provide other buffs depending on the coach.
The coach cards will have the following attributes:
- Foil Type:
- Non-foil: The base level coach card is a non-foil card.
- Gold: These cards will be some of the rarest in the game.
- Star Level:
- Users will have opportunities to upgrade the star level of their coach cards by combining them.
- Coaches can be upgraded.
- Experience Level:
- As coaches level up through experience it will provide the team with different buffs.
- Just like player cards, a coach's experience level will be capped by their star level.
Coaches come with a set of different formations that determine the bonus for the players' starting positions at match time.
- Coaches come with an initial number of basic formations.
- Leveling the coach card unlocks new formations.