Note: Concepts contained in this whitepaper are subject to change.
Player cards will be the foundation of this game. A curated list of players in the MLSPA roster will have their own card in-game that can gain experience and be leveled over time by combining similar cards.
Player cards consist of two sides, one side serving as graphical artwork representing the MLSPA player with critical gameplay information listed on it and the other depicting a set of gameplay attributes directly tied to the game.
The front of the card is the vanity side, which shows off the main graphic for a player as well as key gameplay information:
- Player Name and Level: The name of the player depicted on the card and the current card level are shown at the top of the card.
- Star Level: The card can display up to 10 stars reflecting the number of cards the user has combined.
- Cosmetic Image and Effects: The vanity side shows off an image of the player's face and torso. A user can augment this image with cosmetic purchases that will make the front of the card more unique.
- Basic Player Stats: Basic player stats such as attack, defend, and special are represented on the bottom left of the card.
The back of the card includes the following additional game-related attributes:
- Passive Skill Slots: Reflect the current number of slots and gifts associated with those slots. Player cards can level up to 4 slots maximum.
- Active Skill Slots: Reflect the current number of slots and associated talents. Player cards can level up to 3 slots maximum.
- Equipment Slots: Reflect the slots allocated for equipment and the associated equipment. Player cards have a fixed number of equipment slots.
- Dynamic Stat Indicators: These three bars indicate the status of stamina, morale, and health.